Monday, May 30, 2011

Fire Place







































I had found this photo in Canadian House and Home . I thought it would be great in our living room, but Peter hated it and I forgot we have coved ceilings.

In the October 2010 issue of Canadian House and Home there was a profile of Vancouver Ceramicist Andy Blick. I found his work breath taking and I was thinking when we redo our fire place to use his tiles for the surround. Anne Sacks also sells his line.


Coved Ceilings





























This is one of the few period details left in the house. It's not spectacular but how can we improve on it? I would like to paint the mantle white and get a new surround that is plain. The pilasters are repeated on the cupboards in the kitchen. So it would be nice to keep them. The way it's going is I have an idea in my head and when I ask the house it's tells me to go another direction. The fireplace is pretty low on the list of priorities so I will have to live with it for awhile and collect ideas.

My friend David suggested this from Retro Renovation. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment